Single truck, wood, open platform, trailer cars A78 to A177 were built by J.G. Brill in 1903 on construction no. 12716. Brill provided only the bodies; there was no matching truck order. Apparently Lord Baltimore or Peckham trucks were salvaged from older cars being scrapped. Body length: 20’0”. Overall length: 28’-5”. Removals from the roster encompassed the period from 1911 through 1927 but most cars were sold or scrapped in 1924 and 1925. Thanks to Fred Schneider for this information .
This looks like the official portrait of A81.
Reproduced with permission of The Miller
Library, Pennsylvania Trolley Museum.
Reproduced with permission of The Miller Library, Pennsylvania Trolley Museum.
Other Pictures of this series:
Back to Car List -- Home Page.